The concept was born from a lack of true body-positive events, or too many geared at specific labels/types. In Portland, nudity is legal in public and in businesses, and we wanted to combine the two into a fun event that featured dancing, go-go dancers, photobooth, great DJ music... and nudity!
The entire venue becomes the space for the party, and all attendees are required to have a wristband to be in the venue.
The party is:
- Clothing optional, no pressure... it's bare-as-you-dare!
- Open to all gender expressions, body types and sizes
- A safe space where no cell phone use or body shaming are allowed
- Sex-positive and body-supportive
The party is *not*:
- gender restricted; the balance winds up being 60/40ish male- and female-identified, with a core group of transfolx who come down to support - the balance shifts through the night based on other events happening and other variables
- a sex-party... period. We patrol and do our best to make things comfortable to dance and have fun with us... if engines get revved, there's always your/their house, or a plethora of 'temporary love nests' around town
- exploitative. We require wristbands to enter the *venue*, so no lookie-loos. We also inform patrons over an hour before the party starts what is going to happen.
THINGS TO KNOW:
- The event will feature dance music and will be a safe space - no cell phone use in the dance room
- Everyone *must* have a wristband to be in the venue, period. No exceptions.
- Arrive early to ensure entrance - come early, stay late!
- Clothes check is available, but consider something in which to keep your ID and other necessities on your person (put it in yer shoe!)
- We are a sex-positive party, not a sex party. Consent is key, and being responsible is required. There are lots of places to go after this party to take your fun further!
- We strive for a diverse crowd with a variety of gender expressions. It isn't possible, nor would we be willing, to control the balance - if you would like to see more ___ at the event, then please invite and bring more ___... we'd love it!
Bare as you dare: underwear, bra, shirtless or the full monty... all are supported and encouraged...